Friday, May 18, 2012

Berzerkers or World Eaters?

I finished listening to the Butchers Nails audio book and then watched the Avengers yesterday, so today I just want to assemble Berzerkers.


Step 1 - Research
Hit up Google for images of Berzerkers and than look at Codex Chaos Space Marines for artwork
Then look through my favorite book The Horus Heresy Collected Visions for ideas.
O and I listened to The Butchers Nails

Lets now look at chaos God Khorne
We know that Bronze or Brass is the metallic color of Khorne which means that Berzerkers trim will be Bronze or Brass.

Khornes motto is ``Blood for the Blood God and Skulls for the Skull Throne``
Which means that Berzerkers should have tons of skulls and trophies & trophy racks.
We also know that World Eaters are gladiators, so combat blades and close combat weapons are there friends.

Step 2 - Your Image or Idea
Your Idea or image of Berzerkers are they World Eater Berzerkers or Chaos Space Marine Berzerkers from some other chapters.
Now that I have an idea lets see what we will be working with.

So open up your Berzerker Box and what do you see World Eaters or Chaos Space Marines that turned to Khorne?

I see Chaos Space Marines that turned Khorne.
When I first saw this box I was like Yes Berzerkers! and now that I have 20 more Im like Ber..zerk...ers?

Spoilers form Butchers Nails
We know from the Butchers Nails that World Eaters have there weapons chained to their wrists and that the Imperial Fists that fought alongside the World Eaters also chained there weapons and that they formed the Black Templars.

Step 4 - The choice
World Eater Berzerkers or CSM Berzerkers?
Codex Chaos Space Marines pg. 36 shows Berzerkers with Chaos Space Marines heads
Are your Berzerkers wearing armour from different Space Marine Chapters due to heavy damage or no time for proper repairs?
(there are a ton of other ideas that im not covering or even considering)

Step 5 - Build your Idea into reality

Berzerkers (Chaos Space Marine) 
try not to give each Berzerker the same weapon. (the same Chainaxes and that bolt pistols)
I dislike the Berzerker heads in the box so I use the Chaos Space Marine heads
Berzerker heads (cut off the Khorne parts)
I also think that if you use the Chaos Space Marines bits it will help your Berzerkers look less static.

World Eaters (Pre-Heresy- Hersey Era)
World Eaters artwork is very white and without armour decoration
World Eaters are one of the last Legions to change there color scheme,  if I remember correctly
Black Templar arms
Tactical Space Marine legs and some torsos (Assault Marine running legs and the torsos may also work)
Berzerker torsos will work also if you shave off the Khorne Icons (Chains)
I use Space Wolves heads
Forge Worlds power armour Mark IV, V, VI  looks good too.
When painting don't forget the blood splatter

Some modeling/ conversions options that I use:
shooting two bolt pistols
2 CCW
throwing a grenade
holding head of dead enemy
combat blades
eldar or other swords
converted Chainaxes
praising Khorne

Are you still here?
Get building I know I am

No comments:

Post a Comment