Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Army that snuck up on me

My Space Marine Chapter the Blood Marines, a chapter I created the color scheme is red, purple and teal and I have been trying to paint 108 space marines out of the 700 something not including 12 dreadnoughts and tons of vehicles, so I took a break and jumped to my Chaos Space Marines the Word Bearers even more red.
So I'm painting a lot of Red.

So I took a break from that too.

I went on to building models like my Bretonnians which I enjoyed assembling and after I was finished I decided that it would be fun to build some more I got out the first boxes of unassembled models and there were my favorite fluff units the Genestealers, Gargoyles and my fave looking tyranid the Mawloc and Trygon and now the Raveners and the new Hive Tyrant kit.
So I guess I am playing Nids Now!
Here is my list so far its based on the Tyranid Vanguard Invasion in the Apocalypse book on page 147 and my current play style: spamming speed and only using my favorite units.
Winning!

1850 List
Hive Tyrant w/ Wings

15 Genestealers w/ Broodlord
15 Genestealers w/ Broodlord

10 Yamagal Genestealers
2-3 Lictors
Death Leaper

30 Gargoyles
30 Gargoyles or a Harpy
9 Raveners w/ Rending Claws

Mawloc
Trygon Prime
maybe a Carnifex or 3 Carnifex(s?)

Still a work in progress... Will post Pix when I get back from New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment